Vista Movie Maker and my Digital Video Camera

Old October 16th 07, 12:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
mantaloor

Default Can Control my dv camera but no video capture issue

I have a brand new computer with vista ultimate 64 bit, dual core 2 and the
firewire card is built on this laptop from dell but anything is suficient for
capture video tru Ieee on vista. Xp is ok no problems
This issue may no have solution ?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

Movie Maker in XP and Vista is not really designed to work with USB or
analogue sources, so you were lucky to have it working in XP and it's not
really going to happen in Vista. Can't you use the app which came with you
cam to capture?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"andrew" wrote in message
hi,
i also have a sony DCR-P6E camrecorder and like you i also cannot get
my laptop to register that a dv cam is connected either by USB or S-video
although this did work on XP. i have checked the sony web site for vista
compatable drivers but none are avaible have sent them an e-mail with this
problem but have not heard back from them yet.

any ideas are welcome

"technochrista" wrote:

Howard,

I don't have a solution to your problem. I too have a sony camera that
hooks
to a USB port. Although the Windows XP version of Movie Maker used to
detect
the camera, the newer Vista version does not. Sadly, my web camera which
also used frequently to capture video using Movie Maker also does not
work. I
am hopeful that Microsoft will realize this problem and will release a
patch.
I have my fingers crossed.

"Howard" wrote:

I plugged in my Sony Digital Video Camera through the USB port and
Movie
Maker refuses to acknokledge the hook up is there.

I followed the suggestions listed in the Help section, turning my
camera on
and making sure it is in play mode etc.

Can anyone help?

Old October 16th 07, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Cal Bear '66

Here is a Microsoft hotfix that may help with firewire problems:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930495

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old January 1st 08, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
sjmchale

Default Vista Movie Maker and my Digital Video Camera

"technochrista" wrote:

Howard,

I don't have a solution to your problem. I too have a sony camera that hooks
to a USB port. Although the Windows XP version of Movie Maker used to detect
the camera, the newer Vista version does not. Sadly, my web camera which I

Old January 1st 08, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
sjmchale

I have a SONY DCR HC30 that connects to my SONY VAIO with a USB 2. I, too,
cannot upload video to Windows Movie Maker. The PC doesn't have a firewire
port, but came with the pre installed VISTA software the seems to require it.

Perhaps I'm naive, but this seems to be a blunder. Isn't VISTA all about
home video and music use? I'm not using anything obscure.

If someone hears of a patch, please let me know ...

Old January 1st 08, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
johan

"sjmchale" schreef in bericht
I have a SONY DCR HC30 that connects to my SONY VAIO with a USB 2. I, too,
cannot upload video to Windows Movie Maker. The PC doesn't have a
firewire
port, but came with the pre installed VISTA software the seems to require
it.

Perhaps I'm naive, but this seems to be a blunder. Isn't VISTA all about
home video and music use? I'm not using anything obscure.

If someone hears of a patch, please let me know ...

Sony's MPEG2 format seems to be the culprit.

Old January 1st 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Cal Bear '66[_2_]

Sony will have to provide you with a driver for your specific camera in order to
import video using USB. Check with Sony.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old February 3rd 08, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
jamcat

I have the same problem I have a Sony TVR250. I can not download to any
program. I have not invested in the I-link cord. Sony does not have any new
drivers. I have checked for the last month. If anyone has any other
suggestion please let us know......

Old December 9th 09, 12:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Khalid

I had no problems with XP. Only when I tried to use Vista I started getting
the problem!!

"zeroneff" wrote:

Make sure that you're drivers are install... If not go to the sony soppert
site to get one. If that dose not work then go and buy you're self some new
software. Vista is a good one with high quality