190 IRQ's???

Old February 26th 07, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rob

Default 190 IRQ's???

I have been researching my ACPI errors...you know like this one:

Log Name: System
Source: ACPI

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 13,
function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

And in looking into my IRQ's and sharing I fould that Vista created 190
IRQ's....which I guess is ok except for the fact that it shares about 14 of
them and does nothing with the other 176 , while at the same time complains
that I don't have drivers for 4 of them and gives me errors in event viewer
on every boot.

Anyone with an A8N SLI Premium having similar issues? and would changing the
computer driver to "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI PC)"
help sort this out?
OR should I just not worry about it?

To be truthfull Other than lack of good drivers , game performance , some
compatibilty issuse with older programs...standard new OS growing pains , my
system is running very well , BUT these errors bother me , especially since
the error reporter tells me this has been solved by ASUS...and it hasn't ,
and I have this wierd feeling that I am getting performance issues from this.

thanks for any helpfull ideas , info or links ,

(but if you are just going to be snippy and rude please do it to someone
else...thanks , too much of that going on here)

Old February 27th 07, 12:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

I've been trying to find out the same info as I get them on my system also.
I would bet a good number of computers react the same way...if people were
to look at their event viewer. Here's a quote from the MS Knowledge base:
"CAUSE
This error message may occur on a computer that uses a Peripheral Component
Interconnect (PCI) bridge that supports message-signaled interrupts but does
not support line-based interrupts

RESOLUTION
This error message may safely be ignored.

Note Do not ignore this error message if the following conditions are
true: . A yellow explanation mark (!) appears next to the device in Device
Manager.
. You receive the following error message in the Properties dialog box
for the device in Device Manager:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code
12)
In this scenario, a different issue may be causing the symptoms. Take
additional steps to troubleshoot this issue"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930062/en-us

Took me several days of hunting to find this.

I am also getting 10 errors that relate to the NVATABUS in event viewer on
boot up and found that has to do with having a CD drive on the second IDE
channel. Everything works great on my system so that's nothing to worry
about either.
HTH!,
Bob

Old February 27th 07, 12:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rob

"Bob" wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

LOL!!

Well I guess I'll safely ignore it then.

Thanks for the link Bob , it eases my mind a bit.

I wonder though If I was to change the Computer driver to the Advanced
Configuration Interface if it would condense my IRQ's?

Well , its running ok so I'm gonna let it go , I already had to reinstall
Vista once this month

Old February 27th 07, 12:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

"Rob" wrote in message

,
[...]

I would bet that our boot time would decrease if there were a way to
eliminate the messages as it must take some time for Vista to generate the
messages...but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that. Maybe MS will
provide a way to skip over this during boot eventually. My guess is that
changing to Advanced Configuration and Power Interface wouldn't make a
difference.

I'm running a dual core AMD X64 processor, MSI MB with NForce 4 sli chipset
and wondered where the "multiprocessor" designation went...I found out that
MS doesn't use that nomenclature anymore...in case anyone questions the
entry under "computer" in hardware devices. I'd also like to eliminate the
NVATABUS error messages but the only way anyone has done that was to remove
their cd/dvd drive from the second IDE channel....but I need my cd connected
there.
Bob