Old June 19th 07, 11:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Kathi Johnston

Default HP All-in-one printers disappearing when there are changes in the

I have an HP Officejet 7410 AIO (wireless network printer). I am having the
same problem. I have 4 networked machines. 3 XPs, 1 Vista Home Premium
(Dell 1705 laptop-Vista was factory installed). The Vista machine keeps
losing the printer. It's no where to be found. But you can't reinstall the
drivers (which I've conveniently left on my desktop as I've needed them so
often), as HP detects that they are there (somewhere). You have to uninstall
the drivers to get to reinstall the drivers, just to get the printer back.
It's time consuming and annoying. You don't look for the drivers UNLESS you
are trying to print.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Kathi