Old June 19th 07, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Default HP All-in-one printers disappearing when there are changes in the

Is the printer located in the registry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Printers

Are the printers local devices targeting the network card on the printer or
are these connections to a machine sharing the printers.

When you install the inbox driver for this device, does it also get removed?

When you say HP detects that they are there, do you mean the printers? Do
you know what application is detecting the printers? If HP has software
that detects printers who knows what they might do if the printer is no
longer detected.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Kathi Johnston" wrote in message

I have an HP Officejet 7410 AIO (wireless network printer). I am having
the
same problem. I have 4 networked machines. 3 XPs, 1 Vista Home Premium
(Dell 1705 laptop-Vista was factory installed). The Vista machine keeps
losing the printer. It's no where to be found. But you can't reinstall
the
drivers (which I've conveniently left on my desktop as I've needed them so
often), as HP detects that they are there (somewhere). You have to
uninstall
the drivers to get to reinstall the drivers, just to get the printer back.
It's time consuming and annoying. You don't look for the drivers UNLESS
you
are trying to print.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,