Vista Banter

-   -   1.5V AGP Slot only tag on motherboard. do i need card with 4x/8x? (http://www.vistabanter.com/27604-1-5v-agp-slot-only-tag-motherboard-do-i-need-card-4x-8x.html)

GT March 1st 07 05:53 PM

1.5V AGP Slot only tag on motherboard. do i need card with 4x/8x?

I found a graphic card in bestbuy and the box only shows 8x in the front and
notice the other card has 4x/8x in the box. My motherboard has 1.5v AGP slot
only. Does this mean that i have to choose a graphic card that has both 4x/8x
graphic card or is ok to get 8x graphic card. Right Now I have Ati Radeon
9200 128mb 8x graphic card and does not support aero.

BSchnur March 2nd 07 02:18 AM

1.5V AGP Slot only tag on motherboard. do i need card with 4x/8x?

Sounds like your motherboard would support any AGP 4x/8x card (and the
box which says 8x is really a 4x/8x card).

Since you are looking for aero support, look to a Radeon 9550 with 256M
on board -- (or 9600), or a similar level nVidia adapter (at the
moment, the ATI drivers are by and larger further along on Vista
support than nVidia but that could well change in the coming months).

--
Barry Schnur