NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Old March 4th 07, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Nonymous

Default NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.

"Peter M" wrote in
:

"Nonymous" wrote in message
In article , Richard Urban
says...
Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get
undesirable results, or even break your system.

All nVidia Vista drivers have been BETA.

The previous version (100.65) is WHQL certified.

Which means "nothing". Read the NV release notes it plainly states
many 3d functions are not working and that these are just "basic"
drivers. So yes, they are beta.

Microsoft certified means means that functionally complete or not, they
don't think they'll crash you system.

Specially "beta", then they may very well kill you system, functionally
complete or not.
Old March 4th 07, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
JW

Then install the 64 bit drivers so that the drivers are the corect ones for
your 64bitOS.

"Kurt Herman" wrote in message
I had the same problems. Turns out the installer defaults to un-packing to
the NVidia folder on the C: drive. I have Vista on my L: partition. Pointed
the installer to that drive, and all went well.

Kurt

"Hrshycro" wrote in message
they wont let me install them...it says i dont have vista installed! i do
have a 64-bit CPU...and the drivers r for 32-bit system!

Old March 4th 07, 09:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Graham

I installed the drivers hoping it would cure my SLI problem with 2 6800GT's
as it is now supposed to support SLI but one still shows a code 39 error in
the device manager.

Graham

. wrote in message ...
Well one has a choice

Use XP drivers (though one has to upgrade XP to do this) and blue screen
on any Direct X call.
Use standard VGA driver and have most functions not work.
Use NVidia drivers and have a few problems but one's computer mostly
works.

"Richard Urban" wrote in message
Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get
undesirable results, or even break your system.

If you are not prepared to redo your system, either from a saved image or
by doing a fresh install, beware of beta software - from anyone.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"mikk" wrote in message
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html

Old March 4th 07, 11:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bettsaj

BoXy;213861 Wrote:
SLI finally works on my 7950 GX2 now :-)

BoXy

I too, have a 7950 GX2. I installed the BETA drivers and the card now
shows up in the device manager as two cards. However, when you check in
the graphics adaptor information in the Vista Perfomance information the
amount of dedicated graphics memory is still only showing as 512mb and
sharing 494mb of the system memory. This should, if everything was
running okay show as 1024mb dedicated graphics memory. I'm not sure
whether or not the card would still use some shared memory, I would
think not with all that on board ram.

Below i've posted my results from the Vista Performance Information:

Display adapter type: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2
Total available graphics memory: 1006 MB
Dedicated graphics memory: 512 MB
Dedicated system memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 494 MB
Display adapter driver version: 7.15.11.65
Primary monitor resolution: 1024x768
DirectX version: Direct X 9.0 or better

I still think NVidia have a way to go till these drivers actually work
like they should do.

--
bettsaj

"You've seen the film, now get the doll. Handi Bendi Ghandi, complete
with a wardrobe of robes and a cast of five thousand"

Old March 5th 07, 04:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Well, "fixed" is pretty strong word.

With 101.41, my 7300GT is better than it was, but it's still crashing when I
enable Aero display, albeit not quite as often. So far 97.46 have been the
worst, and 101.41 might be the best. But, they've still got work to do. It
is nice, however, to see that nVidia isn't standing still.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Justin" wrote in message
Thanks for the heads up!

A funny note about these fixes. People blamed a couple of these problems
on Vista.

Gee, looky here, a driver update fixed them.

"Conor" wrote in message
.. .
Version 101.41 just released.

Important fixes a lot of people were getting:

# Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista
login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires
Vista User Account Control
# Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero
enabled
# Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
# HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
# Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not
getting applied.
# Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA
Control Panel.
# Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust
Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control
Panel.
# Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........

Old March 5th 07, 05:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Justin

Ok, let me rephrase.

NVIDIA is taking full responsibility for these issues

"Justin" wrote in message
Thanks for the heads up!

A funny note about these fixes. People blamed a couple of these problems
on Vista.

Gee, looky here, a driver update fixed them.

.. .

Old March 5th 07, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Herb Tyson [MVP]

What is it about Aero Display that makes it so important to you?

Only that it's supposed to work. And, the fact that it doesn't work without
crashing makes me wonder if the problem is a defective 7300GT card, or if
it's simply a driver problem.

For some people, Vista and the software are tools to another end. For me, as
a technology writer and consultant, the system working correctly is an end
in and of itself. When I do screen shots for an article or a book, it's
important (to my editors) that it look the way it's supposed to look.

From a utility standpoint, Aero adds nothing as far as I can tell. But, I
typically use only Office and a few other programs. I don't know if Aero is
useful in games or other heavy duty graphics programs, since I don't run
games or other graphically intensive programs.

But, from an "it's there, so it darn well better work" standpoint, it's a
nagging feeling that something isn't quite right. It's like a rattle in the
back of a new car. When you put a blanket in the trunk, you can't even hear
it. But, knowing it's there creates a nagging feeling in your gut.

In my case, I bought a new computer this past Wednesday. It was set up with
Aero, and was crashing right out of the box. So... is the problem a defect
with this computer? Or, does every T470 equipped with a 7300GT have the
identical problem with Aero? Is this a case that the box builders never
encountered this problem? Or, did they knowingly send crashing computers
into the retail channel?

Do I strip everything I've installed off it and drive 50 miles and trade
this for another box that might do exactly the same thing? Or will it
ultimately work correctly if I just hang in there and wait for nVidia to
conquer all of the demons?

Old March 5th 07, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
SLoweCSL

NVidia has released 100.65 WHQL, read the release notes to see if it helps
with any of the problems you are having.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.65.html

--
An Engineer asks "How does it work"
A Scientists asks "Why does it work?"

"Justin" wrote in message
Thanks for the heads up!

A funny note about these fixes. People blamed a couple of these problems
on Vista.

Gee, looky here, a driver update fixed them.

.. .