NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Old March 3rd 07, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Conor

Default NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS.

Version 101.41 just released.

Important fixes a lot of people were getting:

# Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista
login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires
Vista User Account Control
# Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero
enabled
# Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
# HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
# Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not
getting applied.
# Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA
Control Panel.
# Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust
Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control
Panel.
# Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old March 3rd 07, 02:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
mikk

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html
Old March 3rd 07, 02:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Richard Urban

Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get undesirable
results, or even break your system.

If you are not prepared to redo your system, either from a saved image or by
doing a fresh install, beware of beta software - from anyone.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

Old March 3rd 07, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
BoXy

SLI finally works on my 7950 GX2 now :-)

BoXy

Old March 3rd 07, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark Maylon

Installed them and ran some benchmark tests on aquamark3d and see no
performance increase out if 7900GS. No problems from the driver.
.. .

Old March 3rd 07, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Arne-Kolja Bachstein

Installed it especially because there is announced in the changelog that
widescreen scaling should be fixed now. But unfortunately it doesn't seem so
here. Before this driver I could change options, but they didn't do
anything. Now with the new one I am not even able to change anything,
because it's grayed out. My lcd screen is recognized with it's correct name,
the native resolution too. But still the feature is just grayed out. Dammit
:-(

Arne
http://www.arnekolja.com

.. .

Old March 3rd 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
newsgroupposter

Hi there,

I saw those drivers and i was wondering if the Forceware driver is supposed
to be the complete driver ? or is that an add on driver??

thanks

Old March 3rd 07, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mick

mikk wrote:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html

I have a GeForce fx5500 - downloaded this driver - worked for me -no
issues to report.

Mick

Old March 3rd 07, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Conor

In article , Richard Urban
says...
Please note that this is a "beta" driver, and that you *may* get undesirable
results, or even break your system.

All nVidia Vista drivers have been BETA.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old March 3rd 07, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
newsgroupposter

Hi,

I just tried to install the driver as my vga card is on the list of
supported hardware,but the setup did not complete as i received a message
the the setup program could not find any drivers that are compatible for the
hardware.Is this the "beta" part,where it doesnt work properly ??? Or what
might not be quite right ? hmmm

thanks
"Conor" wrote in message
.. .