Ram leak

Old March 6th 07, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Waldosr

Default Ram leak

But this is after 3 days of me not touching the computer.

"." wrote:

Because it is a delay load operating system. It doesn't load things till the
first time someone uses it. This is so you can boot quickly.
"Waldosr" wrote in message
Yes but indexing isn't the sidebar which is using the most memory. Why
would
it start using more and more memory the longer my computer is on other
than
if there was a memory leak?

"Insight Driver" wrote:

Disk indexing is also a process that is suspended when the computer is
being
used but will kick into high gear when the computer is sitting idle.

"." wrote:

Windows delay loads. This is so you don't have to wait an hour after
booting. There is no problem.
"JW" wrote in message
Have you checked to see if when you have the higher Memory being used
if
you also have high paging file activity?
If there is not a lot of paging file activity then your system still
has a
lot of unused memory.
"Waldosr" wrote in message
Ok i did some research. After two days I found that sidebar.exe was
using
nearly 176Mb and svhost.exe was using 160Mb. What should I do or
cantact
about this?

"Waldosr" wrote:

I recently noticed that with my computer sitting idle that after a
couple of
days it was using 53% of my ram(4 GB). When I reset my computer
the RAM
usage went back to about 25% where it normally is. Has anyone else
had
this
problem?

Old March 8th 07, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

I googled for svhost.exe and found this link which may explain the
problem:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/...ibrary/svhost/

Old March 8th 07, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guest

He hasn't said a single thing that would indicate a problem.

On Desktops windows tries to use all memory but 4 MB. It leaves 4 MB free in
case you want to start a new app so it can start it quickly.