Vista, Sleep, and nVidia

Old March 3rd 07, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Jain

Default Vista, Sleep, and nVidia

I installed the new nVidia 101.41 drivers today and intial test
indicate that sleep/hibernate is working!

I am a bit cautious, because I did get this to work ONCE before with
some non-reproducable combination of drivers.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
Old March 3rd 07, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Walter Cohen

Well, how do you define "work"?
I could get it to sleep but could never get the system to wake via keyboard
or mouse, only the reset button.

Walter

Old March 4th 07, 01:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mlai

It is working here, too, with 101.41 as well but with some quirks......

1) Screen now come back and I can logon after resuming from suspend (S3).
And I woke the computer up by moving my mouse, which is wireless. That's
how I define working......
2) Power profiles will get changed to High performance after resume until
the Power settings windows is open.
3) Waking up from suspend may cause random devices (on my system, most
frequently the USB BT2 adapter, the HP Network printer driver, and the
Marvell GB LAN controller) to fail to start up. I had to go into device mgr
and disable and re-enable the devices to have them come back up after
resume.

I had no such problems with ATI Cat 7.1/7.2 and a pair of X1950pro running
CF on the same system.

Old March 4th 07, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Jain

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 15:28:08 -0500, "Walter Cohen"
wrote:

Well, how do you define "work"?
I could get it to sleep but could never get the system to wake via keyboard
or mouse, only the reset button.

I have been able to get the system to recover to the state it was
before entering sleep or hibernation.

Everything seems to work after. I had one small issue, the CPU fan
ran at full speed when resuming from sleep. Going into and back out
of hibernation fixed it.

It's only been one day, but this is the best results I've gotten so
far.