Silicon Image sill 0680 ultra-133 medley ata raid controller [driver] for Vista

Old March 15th 07, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Steve Urbach

Default Silicon Image sill 0680 ultra-133 medley ata raid controller [

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:48:10 -0700, Tiiazllm
wrote:

@Steve
Medley v1.2.0.5 works for me perfectly on both Vista 32-bit & 64-bit.
Setup/Load/Configuration & Monitoring are all working 100%. (if I could post
a screencap I would!) My Vista's are always clean installs. The last version
released is downloadable from
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI...iICfg-1205.zip

For those not familiar with Medley, you don't need it by default - it just
provides some feedback and SMART monitoring ability - which is built into
Vista performance/reliability monitor now. Vista now also defaults to the
fastest UDMA mode for the controller - so you don't need it for maximum
performance.

I will give it a try.. Thanks.
Old March 21st 07, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
grigione

Default Silicon Image sill 0680 ultra-133 medley ata raid controller [driver] for Vista

I have a Abit AA8XE-3rd Eye motherboard and a Teac DVD-ROM drive (DVD
Teac DV-516E ) on sil 0680 raid controller
The problem come with Windows Vista.
In SiliconImage Site
(http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...d=2&osid =10&)
there are no driver support for raid controller for Windows Vista (at
this moment only Base Driver is available) So i have flashed
(http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...id=2&osi d=0&)
my sil 0680 raid controller with SiI0680A IDE BIOS (base Bios) for
converting it in a no-raid controller
My results:

Bios version 3.2.24 (version for RAID and NO RAID) with driver for
vista (downloaded from windows update):
F3 message(Press F3 to enter RAID utility) don't appear during boot ,
in Vista device manager the controller is installed but no access to
cd-dvd rom teac (it don't appear in my computer resources)

Bios vers 3.2.20 for raid controller and no vista driver (don't
available):
F3 message appear,in vista device manager, appear RAID controller but
with no driver available,teac dvdrom no available.

Bios vers 3.2.20 for IDE controller and Driver vers 1.2.26.0 by
SiliconImage:
NO RAID controller,in Vista device manager the controller is installed
but teac dvdrom no available in computer resources

Conclusion: with any bios and driver no optical disc available

I have tried to install XP drivers for RAID controller In Windows
Vista with my initial Bios but Computer freeze for updating

Can you help me?

--
grigione
grigione's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23678

http://forums.techarena.in

Old March 28th 07, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tiiazllm

my sil 0680 raid controller with SiI0680A IDE BIOS (base Bios) for
converting it in a no-raid controller
My results:

Bios version 3.2.24 (version for RAID and NO RAID) with driver for
vista (downloaded from windows update):

Incorrect, BIOS version v3.2.24 is NOT for RAID - is disables RAID on cards
which do not have a jumper on the card that allows you to manually change
RAID/IDE compatibility.

F3 message(Press F3 to enter RAID utility) don't appear during boot ,

That is the expected behaviour for a NON-RAID controller. You have turned
your RAID controller into a standard IDE controller - so you won't get any
"F3" option. This is exactly what to expect as you flashed it with v3.2.24
NON-RAID firmware.

in Vista device manager the controller is installed but no access to
cd-dvd rom teac (it don't appear in my computer resources)

Bios vers 3.2.20 for raid controller and no vista driver (don't
available):
F3 message appear,in vista device manager, appear RAID controller but
with no driver available,teac dvdrom no available.

Bios vers 3.2.20 for IDE controller and Driver vers 1.2.26.0 by
SiliconImage:
NO RAID controller,in Vista device manager the controller is installed
but teac dvdrom no available in computer resources

Conclusion: with any bios and driver no optical disc available

I have tried to install XP drivers for RAID controller In Windows
Vista with my initial Bios but Computer freeze for updating

Can you help me?

Sorry, I've never used the IDE version of the card, or the IDE only drivers.

Old December 31st 08, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
popol40

Hi Lilo Lentz, i have read your post about the sil 680 ctrl and i need
the drivers you wrote about but the two links are no longer availabel,
so please can you send me thes two diver for my controller .
Many thanks in advance.
I give you my e-mail:
.

Sorry for my bad english

--
popol40
popol40's Profile:

http://forums.techarena.in

Old January 1st 09, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_]

Hi popo140,

The forum that you are using is really leaching off of USENET - and so the
majority of people reading your post cannot see any prior parts of the
message thread. I hope that Lilo is able to help you, but if not, you may
want to start a new thread and post all the details you can about your
device.

news

Old April 15th 10, 10:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
larrymoencurly

Tiiazllm;2702139 Wrote:
BIOS version v3.2.24 is NOT for RAID - is disables RAID on cards
which do not have a jumper on the card that allows you to manually
change
RAID/IDE compatibilityDo you know of any BIOSes for this card that recognize the jumper? I've

tried every BIOS from 3.2.00 (RAID) through 3.400 (non-RAID), but none
changes operation when the jumper setting is changed. The jumper does
work and toggles pin 80 of the chip. Also all the non-RAID BIOSes are
coded with the RAID setup menu.

--
larrymoencurly
larrymoencurly's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/208854.htm