Old June 28th 07, 06:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stephanie

Default "No Audio Output Device is installed"?

im having the same problem witrh the "No Audio Output Device is installed"?
after using my itunes i restarted but it did nothing

"Mallory" wrote:

Thank you!! I ended up restarting and whatever was wrong resolved
itself...Thanks again for your help!

"freddy" wrote:

Mallory,

In Device Manager, open the Properties of your sound device, and note what
error messages are displayed. The Properties section typically provides some
guidance as to what corrective action to take. Follow any advice provided.

In addition, if all else fails, you can remove the sound card in Device
Manager, thus allowing Windows to reinstall it when you reboot. This step
often fixes problems such as you have. Post back if none of these
suggestions does anything. We'll try to devise another approach.
--
freddy

"Mallory" wrote:

I had iTunes running last night when the LiveUpdate program restarted my
laptop and when I turned everything on this morning, I was informed that I
have no audio devices installed. What is going on?