Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

A unknown error has occurred

Old April 30th 07, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default A unknown error has occurred

If you prefer your version of reality, be my guest.
But there's nothing to be gained by living in a 'victim' mentality
instead of being proactive.

Gary VanderMolen

"Denise G" wrote in message ...
The real fact is that they are not smart enough to fix it or it would be
done. They have our money and don't care. They are waiting for one of us to
figure it out and I am sure they are reading our comments to see if we have
found a solution yet.

This is junk, pure junk!!!!

"Minnich02" wrote:

it's not the fact that it is such a bother! I just paid for all these new
programs, and no one should have to go download alternative programs because
the one that we all bought doesn't work. Just fix it please

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

If it bothers you so much, download and install the free
Thunderbird email program.

Gary VanderMolen

"MonkeyVillage" wrote in message
news ITS DRIVING YOU NUTS? WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 500,000 MORONS LIKE ME WHO BOUGHT
VISTA OR A PC WITH IT?

"caliber1" wrote:

I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps coming up a
unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet? Please let me
know it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Old April 30th 07, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Denise G

I didn't ask you for anything. I am wanting some help here and not some rude
obnoxious comment that is of no help to anyone at all. Is this all you have
to do is sit and read posts and then make you comments. END OF DISCUSSION
WITH YOU.
IF YOU ARE SO SMART, WHERE IS THE SOLUTION????????????

Old April 30th 07, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

I already gave you the interim solution. Just read down below in
this thread where I said to use the free Thunderbird email program.
It will do the job nicely until such time as Microsoft comes out with
a fix for Windows Mail.

Gary VanderMolen

Old April 30th 07, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mary

I can't seem to figure out how to do anything on this windows mail. I've
been trying to work it out since I got a month ago. Once again I've been up
all night following the directions and still have gotten nowhere. Bill Gates
is out there somewhere laughing his head off!

Old April 30th 07, 12:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"Mary" wrote in message
I can't seem to figure out how to do anything on this windows mail. I've
been trying to work it out since I got a month ago. Once again I've been up
all night following the directions and still have gotten nowhere. Bill
Gates is out there somewhere laughing his head off!

Hi Mary, I bet he is too drunk to laugh :-)

Please do not latch onto someone else's thread, start your own, use the New
Post button and tell us what "I can't seem to figure out how to do anything
on this windows mail" means exactly.
Give us some details.

Old April 30th 07, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
HP007

I tried to do this, but I couldn't even transfer my messages to the other
folder (new)...a error message still comes... This thing is really crazy, I
can not empty my deleted messages folder...

"DeWitch" wrote:

I had one of those undeletables with the error message just a few minutes
ago after just installing the Vista upgrade yesterday - saw a comment on a
Judy having a solution - read it and freaked:{
What a lot of work - so this mail was in a folder of mail that I save - made
a new folder for the mail in this folder moved them all to the new folder and
deleted the folder with the bad email in it - I have mine set so the delete
folder empties when I close the program - closed the program - opened it back
up - no more bad mail

Old May 2nd 07, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

Don't take your frustration out on volunteers who are trying to help.

No one can fix Microsoft except for Microsoft. If they don't want to fix
stuff, then we get to watch more and more MAC ads that justifiably ridicule
them and their software.

steve

Old May 2nd 07, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Denise G

Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help when we need the problem
fixed. I don't like the sarcasm form Gary VanderMolen just as much as you
don't like my post. We all want answers and not from a person who keeps
trying to send eveyone to Thunderbird. It really isn't your business anyway
because I didn't ask you.

Old May 2nd 07, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"Denise G" wrote in message
Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help when we need the problem
fixed. I don't like the sarcasm form Gary VanderMolen just as much as you
don't like my post. We all want answers and not from a person who keeps
trying to send eveyone to Thunderbird. It really isn't your business
anyway
because I didn't ask you.

Denise, You asked no one anything at all! Re-read your own post, where you
butted into a thread, with a totally useless argument, and no questions!

"The real fact is that they are not smart enough to fix it or it would be
done. They have our money and don't care. They are waiting for one of us to
figure it out and I am sure they are reading our comments to see if we have
found a solution yet.

This is junk, pure junk!!!!"

My advice is ring M$ and ask for help.