Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

A unknown error has occurred

Old May 2nd 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Dave

Default A unknown error has occurred

I don't understand the fascination with Windows Mail (and Outlook Express).
Do people buy Vista just to get it? As far as I'm concerned, it's just an
accessory, like Calculator, Paint, and Notepad. Just a basic tool, not a
major feature.

I use Thunderbird as my main email client, and used Eudora before that...
both free. And I use Agent (paid) for my newsreader. I've looked at Outlook
Express in the past, and my wife uses it on her laptop. But it never met my
needs.

I am testing WinMail, and have never had a problem with it since I installed
Vista 3 months ago.
It works fine, even with my McAfee, and the Junk e-mail filter works really
well. But if it breaks, I'll just keep on using Tbird, and not feel that MS
owes me anything.

" mac" wrote in message

"Denise G" wrote in message
Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help when we need the
problem
fixed. I don't like the sarcasm form Gary VanderMolen just as much as you
don't like my post. We all want answers and not from a person who keeps
trying to send eveyone to Thunderbird. It really isn't your business
anyway
because I didn't ask you.

Denise, You asked no one anything at all! Re-read your own post, where you
butted into a thread, with a totally useless argument, and no questions!

"The real fact is that they are not smart enough to fix it or it would be
done. They have our money and don't care. They are waiting for one of us
figure it out and I am sure they are reading our comments to see if we
have
found a solution yet.

This is junk, pure junk!!!!"

My advice is ring M$ and ask for help.

Old May 2nd 07, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

The 'problem' that needs fixing is that you need a working email program.
Harping on Microsoft because they're not fixing Windows Mail fast enough
to suit you is not going to help anybody, least of all yourself.
Demanding "answers" is not the adult way to handle your frustrations.
Learn to accept the solutions that are in the realm of the possible, rather
than expecting the impossible to be done because you want it.

Gary VanderMolen

"Denise G" wrote in message ...
Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help when we need the problem
fixed. I don't like the sarcasm form Gary VanderMolen just as much as you
don't like my post. We all want answers and not from a person who keeps
trying to send eveyone to Thunderbird. It really isn't your business anyway
because I didn't ask you.

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

Don't take your frustration out on volunteers who are trying to help.

No one can fix Microsoft except for Microsoft. If they don't want to fix
stuff, then we get to watch more and more MAC ads that justifiably ridicule
them and their software.

steve

"Denise G" wrote in message
I didn't ask you for anything. I am wanting some help here and not some
rude
obnoxious comment that is of no help to anyone at all. Is this all you
have
to do is sit and read posts and then make you comments. END OF DISCUSSION
WITH YOU.
IF YOU ARE SO SMART, WHERE IS THE SOLUTION????????????

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

If you prefer your version of reality, be my guest.
But there's nothing to be gained by living in a 'victim' mentality
instead of being proactive.

Gary VanderMolen

"Denise G" wrote in message
The real fact is that they are not smart enough to fix it or it would
be
done. They have our money and don't care. They are waiting for one of
us to
figure it out and I am sure they are reading our comments to see if we
have
found a solution yet.

This is junk, pure junk!!!!

"Minnich02" wrote:

it's not the fact that it is such a bother! I just paid for all these
new
programs, and no one should have to go download alternative programs
because
the one that we all bought doesn't work. Just fix it please

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

If it bothers you so much, download and install the free
Thunderbird email program.

Gary VanderMolen

"MonkeyVillage" wrote in
message
news ITS DRIVING YOU NUTS? WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 500,000 MORONS LIKE ME
WHO BOUGHT
VISTA OR A PC WITH IT?

"caliber1" wrote:

I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps
coming up a
unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet?
Please let me
know it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Old May 2nd 07, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help

I don't refer everyone to Thunderbird. I make that referral only
when, in my judgment, the user has become frustrated with
intractable Windows Mail problems, and is at the end of their
rope, so to speak.

Windows Mail is the only email program I use, even though
I have access to Outlook 2007 and a myriad of other email
programs. But I don't expect the average user to put up
with the bugs and design flaws that characterize the
current version of Windows Mail. I certainly would not
recommend it to my own mother.
--
Gary VanderMolen

Old May 2nd 07, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
jeanne

What a nasty thread! I tried Thunderbird, I don't like it. I can't even
delete junk mail; my folder is filling up with junk. I suppose I could go to
user/Microsoft whatever it is and delete everything, but who knows? Maybe not.

Old May 2nd 07, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

You should just ignore it unless you want to set up your accounts again and
import your messages back.

Things get heated a bit, as we're all frustrated, but no one here is trying
to be nasty on purpose I don't think.

steve

Old May 2nd 07, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Julian

"Denise G" wrote in message
Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help when we need the problem
fixed.

Harrass Microsoft then.
Have you actually taken your problem to you ISP, PC vendor or Microsoft?

I don't like the sarcasm form Gary VanderMolen just as much as you
don't like my post.
We all want answers and not from a person who keeps
trying to send eveyone to Thunderbird. It really isn't your business
anyway
because I didn't ask you.

I don't think you quite understand the forum that you have posted to.
Your posts to this forum are the business of anyone who subscribes.
Not just them but any passing lurkers too.
Note "public" in the group name.

Old May 2nd 07, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Julian

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
The 'problem' that needs fixing is that you need a working email program.
Harping on Microsoft because they're not fixing Windows Mail fast enough
to suit you is not going to help anybody, least of all yourself.
Demanding "answers" is not the adult way to handle your frustrations.
Learn to accept the solutions that are in the realm of the possible,
rather
than expecting the impossible to be done because you want it.

Gary VanderMolen

Non illigitamus carborundum

Old May 3rd 07, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Nigel Molesworth

On Wed, 2 May 2007 20:51:41 +0100, "Julian"
wrote:

Non illigitamus carborundum

Operor non nutritor trolls

--
Nigel M
Old May 4th 07, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Denise G" wrote in message
Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help when we need the problem
fixed. I don't like the sarcasm form Gary VanderMolen just as much as you
don't like my post. We all want answers and not from a person who keeps
trying to send eveyone to Thunderbird. It really isn't your business
anyway
because I didn't ask you.

Denise,
Exactly WHAT is YOUR problem. We may actually be able to help.
A good first step would be to uninstall anything from Norton or McAfee.

And Thunderbird does have less problems than Windows Mail.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old May 5th 07, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote in message
"Denise G" wrote in message
Referring eveyone to Thunderbird is not much help when we need the
problem
fixed. I don't like the sarcasm form Gary VanderMolen just as much as you
don't like my post. We all want answers and not from a person who keeps
trying to send eveyone to Thunderbird. It really isn't your business
anyway
because I didn't ask you.

Denise,
Exactly WHAT is YOUR problem. We may actually be able to help.
A good first step would be to uninstall anything from Norton or McAfee.

And Thunderbird does have less problems than Windows Mail.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

We might start to have to asking MS ABBY.