WindowsUpdate_80070103 installfailure

Old March 10th 07, 11:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rene

Default WindowsUpdate_80070103 installfailure

Hello
Im trying to install windows vista update: ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI
UTILITY
But everytime I get the notice install failed: WindowsUpdate_80070103
does anybody know whats the problem?

Old May 9th 07, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Amity Waisel

Default IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have quite a similar problem. I have an ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and I
each time I restart my computer or insert a disk to my PC, I get an error
blue screen, with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
The driver ASUS supplies isn't for Windows Vista (I have Windows Vista Home
Premium).
Do you have any solutions?

Thanks,
Amity

Old May 10th 07, 02:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Which driver causes the problem. My husband's PC (built by me) has the same
motherboard and is running Vista Ultimate without a problem.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old May 10th 07, 06:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Amity Waisel

I don't really know. This problem (or a similar one) occured on this computer
with WinXP, so I installed Windows Vista to fix it, but now the problem
returned.
On the solutions center there is a message that the error was caused by
ATK0110 ACPI driver, and the solution is Windows Update. Windows Update found
no updates for this driver. I tried to download the driver for my MotherBoard
from ASUS web, but there was no Vista-Compatible one so I updated it manually
by choosing the INF file there. I didn't help, the problem still exists.
The problem mainly happens when I try to read a CD/DVD from my computer's
drive, or just turn-off/restart the computer. Just before it shuts down, the
screen becomes blue, and after few seconds the computer begins to upload the
Windows, and when I log-on the is a message that there was an unexpected
error for windows.
How can I fix that?
Thank you

Old May 27th 08, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ztipkorb

hello everybody! i'm also using *P5RD1-VM* motherboard, w/ Intel Celeron
CPU 2.66ghz, 512mb ddr1, and running a 32bit Vista Ultimate. I just
upgrade my OS from XP to Vista Ultimate, and same problem i encountered,
one is AUDIO problem, my SoundMax Audio driver doesn't seem to work.
Please share if you have found any solution regarding this problem.
Thanks. PS. I also have problem regarding dial-up connection. Why is may
connectivity status is always NO or LIMITED connectivity..

--
ztipkorb