Old July 13th 07, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
brink

Default Unable to delete folder (0x800710FE

JP B;375208 Wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to delete a folder that I "cut and pasted" from a my docs
folder
(redirected) to another location.

I proceeded to get a sync error and when I try to delete this folder I
get
Error 0x800710FE: This file is currently not available for use on this
computer.

The file is causing problems with another application. I need to delete
it
but can't

Is their anyway to rebuild my cache or do something to remove this
folder?

--
JP Bourget, MCSE
Arnold Magnetic Technologies

Hi JP,

You might try doing a search in regedit using "Find" and "Find Next"
with the folder's name under the "Edit" menu. Delete all entries that
are related to that particular folder. Then try to delete the folder.
Make sure you do a backup of the registry before you do this. Just in
case you delete something you should not have.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink