Vista Banter

-   -   Write protect problem (http://www.vistabanter.com/30503-write-protect-problem.html)

Walter Blanchard March 11th 07 06:49 PM

Write protect problem

[Cross posted to file_management and hardware_devices]

I have an ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard with an external eSATA port on the
back panel. The port is connected to a JMicron JMB36x controller enabled on
the motherboard in default IDE mode.

OS is Vista Ultimate x64.

I have a Western Digital MyBook Premium ES Edition 500GB external drive
which has both USB and eSATA connectors.

When I connect the drive using USB, all is well. Everything works as it
should.

However, when I connect using the eSATA connector, the drive becomes write
protected.

How do I remove the write protection?

--

Walter B