Vista Banter

-   -   i keep getting a resolution reminder (http://www.vistabanter.com/30593-i-keep-getting-resolution-reminder.html)

benn1680 March 12th 07 03:52 AM

i keep getting a resolution reminder

when i try to play some games on my computer, its an emachines so dont laugh
too much, i get a message that pops on the screen that says my computers
screen resoultion might not match my monitors optimal settings (1440 X 900)
and i check them and it is set where it should be. i went to the conmputers
support site and they didn't solve it. is this a hardware issue or is it a
vista issue? any help would be greatly appreciated.

mikeyhsd March 12th 07 03:46 PM

i keep getting a resolution reminder

some games feel the need to change the resolution.
the computer is basically just notifying you that is has been changed.
when the game exits, it should restore the resolution.

benn1680 March 12th 07 06:23 PM

i keep getting a resolution reminder

but how do i get the resolution reminder to stop diplaying. its in the way,
and stays on the screen for as long as im playing the game.

Dennis_N March 13th 07 01:35 AM

i keep getting a resolution reminder

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:52:24 -0700, benn1680
wrote:

when i try to play some games on my computer, its an emachines so dont laugh
too much, i get a message that pops on the screen that says my computers
screen resoultion might not match my monitors optimal settings (1440 X 900)
and i check them and it is set where it should be. i went to the conmputers
support site and they didn't solve it. is this a hardware issue or is it a
vista issue? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look on the message again.
Is it a windows message box, or does it not look like an ordinary
windows box ? Can you close it with your mouse ?

It could very well be a OSD message from your monitor.
Many LCD monitors will display such a message when the resolution is
changed to a non 'native' setting.

If so, you can most likely disable this message in your display
settings. Check your manual for the display.

Regards

Dave B. March 13th 07 01:50 PM

i keep getting a resolution reminder

See my reply to your improperly crossposted post in the vista games group.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com