Old July 18th 07, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Clayton

Default High Definition Audio Driver

I tried installing the driver from the Realtek site but it's still the same.
Asus says the motherboard is not supported with Vista, I don't know why, my
suppliers and others here are still selling them.
I had a problem with the PCI cards/slots not working on this board after a
BIOS update so I downgraded the BIOS and everything worked, ASUS posted a
new BIOS last week which I decided to try that out to see if it fixed the
PCI problem which I think maybe the cause of the High definition audio, I
tried downgrading again but it will not let me.

"Rojo Habe" wrote in message

"Dylan Harrelson" wrote in
message ...
I would check with Asus for Vista driver, it may have installed a basic
driver through the operating system but it may not be working right.
Check
Asus.

If you can't find it on the Asus web site, try

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

You can download it either as a .zip file or an executable, whichever your
preference.