Old July 18th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Clayton

Default High Definition Audio Driver

Uninstalling the PCI Bus didn't work either

"dean-dean" wrote in message
In the BIOS, of course, Plug and Play OS should be "Yes", if that option
is
there. Try uninstalling the PCI Bus in Device Manager and let Windows
automatically reinstall it. This will then include
rediscovering/reorganizing the allocations for all the devices under it,
when your computer is restarted. (In the Menu bar, choose "View devices by
connection", to see the list).

Make sure the driver from Realtek is the Vista compatible one.

"Clayton" wrote in message
I tried installing the driver from the Realtek site but it's still the
same.
Asus says the motherboard is not supported with Vista, I don't know why,
my suppliers and others here are still selling them.
I had a problem with the PCI cards/slots not working on this board after
BIOS update so I downgraded the BIOS and everything worked, ASUS posted a
new BIOS last week which I decided to try that out to see if it fixed the
PCI problem which I think maybe the cause of the High definition audio, I
tried downgrading again but it will not let me.

"Rojo Habe" wrote in message

"Dylan Harrelson" wrote in
message ...
I would check with Asus for Vista driver, it may have installed a basic
driver through the operating system but it may not be working right.
Check
Asus.

If you can't find it on the Asus web site, try

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

You can download it either as a .zip file or an executable, whichever
your preference.