USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)

Old December 3rd 07, 07:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shane

Default USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device)

Did you find a solution? I've got the same problem.

"Unchained" wrote:

Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my laptop
I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install mouse
(recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows
Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed.

Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to
install because the driver installation file for this device is missing a
necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
later.

I called MI and they said it was a Microsoft problem. I tried the solution
about opening the inf file and changing the thing in it but I didn't really
understand what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Old December 4th 07, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
XibDia

I got the same mouse and had the same problem. Found this on another
forum worked for me...

if u got that error

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error
while
attempting to install it.
USB Browser Mouse
An error occurred during the installation of the device.
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary
entry.
This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later.
Contact your
hardware vendor.
If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website
and
check the support section for driver software

1st open start menu click search advance search put this word in the
name : msmouse
and dont forget to check mark Include non-index..etc
it will result folders and files with same name should be somthing
like

x:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\msm ouse.inf_*

copy the folder and pst it on desktop or where ever u want

then open ur device manger then look under unknown devices u will find
USB Receiver right click on it then chose updat driver Browse my
computer for driver software Let me pick Have Disk Browse open
the folder u copy it to ur desktop earler then chose msmouse file
inside it open ok then it will show HID-compliant mouse chose it
and click next if any warning pop-up click install or ok or next .. etc

--
XibDia
XibDia's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=36511

http://forums.techarena.in

Old July 17th 09, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mr Rududu

Bloody marvellous XibDia! Worked for me too with a different mouse
(labtec cheapie). That's been annoying me for ages, so thanks very
much!

--
Mr Rududu
Mr Rududu's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/115583.htm