Vista Banter

-   -   IDE Controller Not being accessed (http://www.vistabanter.com/31125-ide-controller-not-being-accessed.html)

Avimage March 14th 07 04:53 AM

IDE Controller Not being accessed

Hi there. I have just got ahold of Vista and a whole new comp. Anyways,
everything works fine aside for one minor problem. On my mainboard I only
have 1 IDE channel, and unfortunately I need 2 channels, so I got ahold of a
pci controller. However Vista does not seem to recognize the HD on the
controller, even though my BIOS does. Is there a way to work around this so
it recognizes the HD?

pete March 14th 07 11:13 PM

IDE Controller Not being accessed

does Vista see the HD under Administrative Tools/ computer management/disk
managemnt??
mayb it needs to be formatted??
peter

Avimage March 15th 07 04:20 AM

IDE Controller Not being accessed

I took a look under device manager when I was more able to think clearly, and
it noted that the drivers were not installed for the RAID device, so I'm now
trying to see if I can get ahold of a generic RAID driver for the card to
function properly. I'm also gonna try one more method that may work as well,
but will involve a little tinkering. All I have to do now is get XP
installed, install my drivers, then upgrade to Vista and see if it still
works that way. Now I'm having probs actually getting XP onto this drive. I'm
thinking I might need to get a new HD since this one isn;t installing
properly.

pete March 15th 07 06:14 PM

IDE Controller Not being accessed

You realize that One EIDE controller can control 2 HD..??
The PCI EDIE card that you installed should have come with all of the
necesary drivers..
If you are trying to set up a RAID you will need to set it up before you
install XP
what MOBO and addin Card are we talking about??

peter