Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive

Old March 30th 07, 12:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jay92323

Default Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive

I've also been experiencing this same problem. I was just wondering if anyone
had discovered a way to get around it yet or if the only way is to deal with
your optical drive not working if you want to have itunes on your windows
vista pc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 11th 07, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jay92323

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any solutions to this itunes
dilemma as of yet. I've been searching around, but haven't come up with
anything. I'd really like to get itunes on my computer without having to
sacrifice my dvd drive. Any help would be appreciated.
Old April 12th 07, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
blueee

newbie here.... when i search to google about the error i got ,like u
guys (code10) they bring me here,,, in this forum.i did uninstall the
itunes and it works... same here like Jay92323 said thus anyone can
answer the solution about itunes coz i really need it at the same time
for my ipod. tnx guys especially to worldand12roses...

--
blueee
blueee's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24555

http://forums.techarena.in

Old April 22nd 07, 12:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Fred Munro

Ive read all of the posts regarding this and have noticed one comminality
"Itunes" which i DO NOT and HAVE NEVER used, so this problem ISNT solely
related to Itunes.

any ideas now?

"vampchick21" wrote:

Here's the situation.

We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the
Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10.
Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then did
a recovery and everything was dandy.

Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once
again I go through exactly the same motions. Nothing. Again. Nothing.
Again. Nothing.

What the heck do I do now? (I'm also suspecting that iTunes might be part
of the problem, as prior to both instances, I installed iTunes 7 on the
computer)

Old April 23rd 07, 06:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Fred Munro

I have resolved this issue and there is a thread on it on here. search for
"code 10/19 RESOLUTION" it should show the right one.

Some experience is needed to fix the problem.

Fred Munro

Old May 21st 07, 02:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
actionman

Hi,
Can't find the topic, please help..

actionman's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25830

Old June 4th 07, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jklmcole

Uninstall i-tunes. This appears to be the problem. I was having the
same problem. Uninstalled i-tunes, reboot, and everything works fine.
Maybe Apple's way of messing up microsoft??

--
jklmcole
jklmcole's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26325

Old June 4th 07, 05:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
actionman

thanx a lot for helping out & writing here, yes i found the same
solution few days back.

Old June 20th 07, 12:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JudyF

Fred: I did try your fix and it worked like a charm to restore my DVD drive.
Everything was working wonderfully until I tried to open iTunes. Then I got
the error message that registry files that were needed by iTunes to import
and burn CD and DVD's were missing. I'm assuming that is related to the
registry fix that was made in your post. Any thoughts??
Judy

Old August 12th 07, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
crockett

I have the same problem bought a brand new 'vista premium' "device cannot be
started (code 10) I've only had the pc 3 or 4 weeks - this is the first time
I've tried to use the cd/dvd rom. Tried to actualize the driver but am also
getting the message that the driver can not be installed properly. WELL DONE
WINDOWS! WHAT NOW??
--
Won''t be long ''till after a while.

"worldand12roses" wrote:

I have been having the same problem. I am running under Vista Ultimate, and
have no problems once so ever with my dvd drive since building my computer a
few weeks ago, but now I am receiving the same code 10 error message. I tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but this leads to Vista telling me
that the driver can not be installed properly. I also tried installing an
entirely different dvd drive but had the same problem.

If anyone can figure this problem out it will be greatly appreciated.