Old July 22nd 07, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Clayton

Default High Definition Audio Driver

Just as I thought, after a clean install of Vista the VIA AC97 Enhanced
Audio Controller has been installed but the High Definition Audio Controller
shows a yellow triangle with a ! in the middle of it

"Clayton" wrote in message
I'm sure that the first time I did a clean install of Vista the High def
driver showed up, I do it again later and see what happens

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Hmmm. You could try the sledgehammer approach, noted in this forum:

How to recover a corrupted Vista driver database:
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...essage.id=3755

"Clayton" wrote in message
I've downloaded the AC'97 drivers for Vista from the Realtek site and
installed, still showing the High Def diver as usual, I keep removing it
and on restart it comes back, god only knows why it is doing that when
the
mobo doesn't have high def audio

"dean-dean" wrote in message
Well, contrary to your subject line, having just looked at the specs
for
P5VDC-MX on the ASUS website, your computer may not use the Realtek
High
Definition Audio Driver, but has rather the Realtek ALC653 AC'97
6-channel Audio CODEC.

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...&mod elmenu=2

I am unable to get to the ASUS downloads page for that board, for some
reason, although this from Realtek might work, if indeed AC'97 is what
you have (a Vista driver is listed):

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...tDown=false#AC

The ASUS downloads for you board *should* be he

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...model=P5VDC-MX

"Clayton" wrote in message
dean-dean, I have no PCI cards installed

toolman3044, where can I get the ASUS Hi Def drivers from?

"toolman30044" wrote in message

You might want to check also to make sure you installed the Chipset
Drivers. And while Asus has Hi Def drivers for my board(p5b) they
are
not signed yet.

Hope this helps.

--