Old August 29th 06, 10:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tonya

Default Sata Drivers - New Hope!

I am running Vista Beta 2 build 5384 using an old MSI motherboard. When I
installed Vista, my SATA onboard drivers stopped working (Promise FastTrak
376 type), as did the third IDE port. No amount of reinstalling drivers
worked. Then I came across an IDE card from Maxtor called the SATA/150 which
was in the box of a new HD I bought for my daughter. Out of curiosity, I
installed that on my Vista PC and downloaded the latest XP drivers from
Maxtor's site. Vista saw the card, installed the drivers so now everything
works fine. So if you are stuck with SATA drives that Vista can't see, maybe
this card is for you! Hope this helps someone out there . . . TONYA from
Norway