Old August 30th 06, 06:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jams

Default How can I extract the WDDM video drivers from the RC1 DVD?

I did an upgrade today from XP SP2 to Vista RC1 5552 and had to uninstall
some programs after the OS upgrade due to incompatibility. One of those I
thought I was uninstalling was the XP Nvidia display drivers. There was no
indicator in Add/Remove Progs that these were Vista drivers or XP yet after I
uninstalled them all I could get was Vista Basic, no Aero. The Beta 88.61
Nvidia driver will not work with 5552 for some reason and when I try to
reinstall the native Nvidia WDDM drivers that come with the OS it says they
are missing. How do I get them off the DVD? I would hate to have to do a
complete reinstall just because I mistakenly uninstalled the driver.