Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Unsent messages in outbox

Old September 4th 07, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Judie

Default Unsent messages in outbox

Okay, I just got a new computer and upgraded to Windows Vista, and I decided
to use Windows mail in lieu of Mozilla Thunderbird and whatnot. I have put
in the correct addresses for my incoming and outgoing email. I am currently
receiving email; however, I am unable to send email. I keep getting an error
message that states:

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject 'Test', Account:
'pop.west.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '550 5.1.0 Your email could not be delivered at this time. We
apologize for the inconvenience. If you are using a new Cox.net email
account, please try again in 15 minutes. If you are not using a new email
account, visit http://support.cox.com for additional assistance in correcting
this issue.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
0x800CCC78

I've already contacted Cox, and their analyst appeared to be as baffled as I
was, and we tried various settings with no luck. Anyone have any ideas on
what the problem could be? I'm accessing email and the Internet from a
wireless network set up in my home, so my computer is fairly close to the
router (I could understand this message if I was accessing Wi-Fi somewhere
else). I REALLY need to be able to send email without using webmail. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

Old September 4th 07, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

I don't see any obvious reason as to why you might be getting
that error message. What happens when you send an email to
yourself? Try rebooting the modem/router. That will change
your assigned IP address, which sometimes makes a difference.
How about if you eliminate the wireless link by connecting
directly to the router?

Gary VanderMolen

Old September 4th 07, 11:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Judie" wrote in message
[...]

Are you connecting to the Internet through Cox?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

Old September 15th 07, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Not that I'm aware of. How can I check

Gar, had the stack up problem in Windows Vista email. Your pointing ot Steve
Cochrane's site worked like a charm. Thans for being helpful.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Outlook Express can not be installed in Vista.
Installing Outlook Express was not one of my suggestions.
Please reread my suggestions below.
Those suggestions were written a few weeks ago, and since then
there have been two new developments that affect this issue:

1. Steve Cochran has released a utility program that will remove
a stuck message from the Outbox:
Go to http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/
When you start to download the wmutil.zip file,
be sure to choose Save rather than Run.
After it finishes downloading choose Run, then Extract. Then it will
show the extraction folder with two files in it, WMUtil.exe and scxout.dll.
Run WMUtil.exe, wait until the buttons become active, then click on
Clear Outbox. It may take a while. Before you start, make sure
Windows Mail is not running.

2. Microsoft has announced that they will release a new email
program later this month. If you can wait a few weeks, I'd suggest
holding out for that. Or else, if you can't wait, download and install
the Thunderbird email program.

Gary VanderMolen

"baldeagle110" wrote in message ...
Gary;I tried to download outlook express and vista would not install it,
because it tells me I have a higher internet explorer.It seems somehow to be
hooked in there somwhere. Thanks in advance Pony

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Welcome to the club!

There are a few workarounds floating around, but several people
have reported severe corruption of their message store afterwards,
so I don't recommend the current crop of workarounds.

If you really can't send with Windows Mail due to the stuck message
in the Outbox, then either send that message with web mail, or else
install another email program like Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook.

Gary VanderMolen

"Cecil" wrote in message ...
When I try to delete the 1st message in the OUTBOX that seems to be holding
up the sending of subsequent messages, I get a message "Unknown error has
occurred". Then another box drops down with the message "Deleting messages"
but none get deleted.

"Patsy Dalton" wrote:

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

have the same problem I don't think I'm opening my account properly do I
sign in with my msn account e-mail address. and follow throught as if I were
getting mail in and out through msn?

Old September 15th 07, 11:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Glad it worked for you, but that's a fairly old post you responded to.
Much has happened since then, and an easier Microsoft fix is now
available.

Gary VanderMolen

Old September 22nd 07, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
grburris

I can receive e-mail, but get the following error when I try to send. I am
using Outlook.... also, I recently downloaded/installed Norton 360.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'E-Mail TEST', Account:
'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '421 charter.net connection refused from [75.215.34.235]', Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67
Old September 22nd 07, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Already answered in your other thread 'Error sending E-mail with
Windows Vista and Windoes Mail."
Please, only one thread per issue.

Gary VanderMolen

Old October 6th 07, 08:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
kafkaesque

What is the purpose of showing all those problems? Exercise in
futility...What is the solution? I am a victim of being unable to send
e-mails but no solution from the "magician" in Microsoft. What a joke1