Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Unsent messages in outbox

Old April 26th 07, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
bobinnh

Default Unsent messages in outbox

is in mail pop3 and out mail is i dont know do yoy thank you

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

Old April 26th 07, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
bobinnh

i am trying to send out on creags list but i cant it wont send mail out but
i can with google or other mail what up with this i still get unsent mail in
out box what could i do its a new lap top thank you

Old April 26th 07, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Could you rephrase your problem statement into recognizable sentences
with proper punctuation, capitalization, etc., so we can understand it?

Gary VanderMolen

Old April 29th 07, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Bill Oppenheimer

windows mail

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maur

I try to send or delete a message in my outbox but it stays there.I called
Dell but they didn't help. They had me check my account. I checked my
internet provider, but no one has helped me. I have wuindows vista premium.
Bill Oppenheimer
Old April 29th 07, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Unfortunately this is a common bug with Windows Mail.
Once you get a 'ghost' email stuck in the Outbox, and
it won't let you send anything, your options are quite limited.
If you don't feel comfortable doing the database deletion/regeneration
method that has been posted here numerous times, then your
only remaining option is to install and use a different email program.
Mozilla Thunderbird is free:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Gary VanderMolen

"Bill Oppenheimer" Bill wrote in message
windows mail

Old April 29th 07, 04:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
wpr

I have been using my Windows Mail program for a couple of months. Then today
I ended up w/ the same problem. I can receive but not send.
I have deleted my account and created a new one. I have deleted my out
going email. I don't know what else to do. A little help would be
appreciated.
Here is the error message:

The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject 'test',
Account: 'Wayne', Server: 'smtp.oglecom.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '550 not local host hotmail.com, not a gateway', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

"R. C. White, MVP" wrote:

Hi, Michelle.

If you get that error message again, please copy it and post it here
verbatim. Even if it is confusing to you (and maybe to me), it will mean a
lot to the folks here who can help you. (POP3 is the current version of
Post Office Protocol, or something like that.)

Your mail server name may not be correctly entered in Tools | Accounts, on
the Server tab in Properties for your server. News servers don't always
require passwords, but Mail servers usually do, and some of them require
other security features, too, like SPA. And some mail servers will refuse
to send mail unless you are logged on to them directly, rather than through
another portal, even though they might download incoming mail for you.

If you are still having the problem, please post back with more details.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Mail in Vista Ultimate x64)

Old April 29th 07, 05:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

When you attempted to send that message, was Oglecom
providing your Internet connection at that moment, or were
you connected to the Internet in some other fashion?
Were you sending To or From that hotmail.com address?
Are you able to send to non-hotmail addresses?

Gary VanderMolen

Old April 29th 07, 09:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Julian

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote in message
Unfortunately this is a common bug with Windows Mail.
Once you get a 'ghost' email stuck in the Outbox, and
it won't let you send anything, your options are quite limited.
If you don't feel comfortable doing the database deletion/regeneration
method that has been posted here numerous times, then your
only remaining option is to install and use a different email program.
Mozilla Thunderbird is free:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Gary VanderMolen

Are you equally adept with TB?
If so, I'm having a problem with TB 1.5 Add-ons.
Cheers.

Old April 29th 07, 11:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
mac

"Julian" wrote in message

Are you equally adept with TB?
If so, I'm having a problem with TB 1.5 Add-ons.
Cheers.

Switch to Windows Mail, no problems with the Add-ons here, just an
occasional stuck message vbeg