Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Unsent messages in outbox

Old September 21st 09, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
marie_thérèse poupin

Default Unsent messages in outbox

"marie_thérèse poupin" marietherese,poupin@dbmail,com a écrit dans le
message de ...

"Sam Hobbs" a écrit dans le message de
The problem is that many people respond to threads instead of creating
new threads. That is the cause, or partial cause of the recent activity
in this thread.

"Nate Rosenthal" wrote in
message ...
Back in 2007, I had this issue and I am intrigued that this post has
gone on
for more than two years. I also noticed that you were part of the
discussion
in 2007.

As such I have since solved my problems with this and I wonder if there
is a
way that you can get the word out in broadcasting way.

Someone suggested that I set up a gmail account. I did so just for this
and
use that as my smtp for outgoing mail. My regular ISP is my incoming
account.
For the most part I have had no trouble. Occasionally I see things
getting
stuck,
but that may be more a function of my computer itself, which is six
years
old.

Because the outgoing emails are really coming out of gmail, they will
stay
in the
sent box in gmail, as well as in my Outlook sent box. I go in every now
and
then and clean out the gmail outbox, since I already have them saved in
outlook.

Hope that helps.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Perhaps because you have unsent mail.
Is there anything in the Outbox folder?

Kindly turn on your spell checker.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"hurtbylies" wrote in message
no ehy is it telling me i have unsent mail

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message
regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

Old September 21st 09, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Rex

"Patsy Dalton" wrote:

"Michelle" wrote:

I have unsent messages in my outbox. I get an error message regarding the
POP3 or something like that. What could the problem be?
--
Michelle Maust

have the same problem I don't think I'm opening my account properly do I
sign in with my msn account e-mail address. and follow throught as if I were
getting mail in and out through msn?

Old November 4th 09, 03:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Mike S

Hi,

Many thanks for that it worked any further info on the new email programme?

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Outlook Express can not be installed in Vista.
Installing Outlook Express was not one of my suggestions.
Please reread my suggestions below.
Those suggestions were written a few weeks ago, and since then
there have been two new developments that affect this issue:

1. Steve Cochran has released a utility program that will remove
a stuck message from the Outbox:
Go to http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/
When you start to download the wmutil.zip file,
be sure to choose Save rather than Run.
After it finishes downloading choose Run, then Extract. Then it will
show the extraction folder with two files in it, WMUtil.exe and scxout.dll.
Run WMUtil.exe, wait until the buttons become active, then click on
Clear Outbox. It may take a while. Before you start, make sure
Windows Mail is not running.

2. Microsoft has announced that they will release a new email
program later this month. If you can wait a few weeks, I'd suggest
holding out for that. Or else, if you can't wait, download and install
the Thunderbird email program.

Gary VanderMolen

"baldeagle110" wrote in message ...
Gary;I tried to download outlook express and vista would not install it,
because it tells me I have a higher internet explorer.It seems somehow to be
hooked in there somwhere. Thanks in advance Pony

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Welcome to the club!

There are a few workarounds floating around, but several people
have reported severe corruption of their message store afterwards,
so I don't recommend the current crop of workarounds.

If you really can't send with Windows Mail due to the stuck message
in the Outbox, then either send that message with web mail, or else
install another email program like Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook.

Gary VanderMolen

"Cecil" wrote in message ...
When I try to delete the 1st message in the OUTBOX that seems to be holding
up the sending of subsequent messages, I get a message "Unknown error has
occurred". Then another box drops down with the message "Deleting messages"
but none get deleted.

Old November 4th 09, 06:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Yes, it is called Windows Live Mail, and you can download it he

http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen