Old September 1st 06, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
geo85706

Default vista 5536 don't see my full memory size

I used both 32 bits and 64 bits beta 2 and they both saw the 4 gigs. that why
i can not understand why 5536 does not.
--
geo

"Rob Mallicoat" wrote:

The last 512mb is reserved for legacy #@%@#%@

It is a 32bit thing... try installing teh 64bit build and it sees all...

"Kerry Brown" *a*m wrote in message
5536 is 32 bit. Were you using a 64 bit version before? With a 32 bit OS
you are limited to 4 GB and the motherboard reserves some of it for I/O.

--
Kerry
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

geo85706 wrote:
in installed 5536 and the first thing i saw was that i missing a
whole gig of memory. vista beta 2 sees the 4 gig but not 5536, is
this normal or what.