Old September 1st 06, 09:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cameron

Default Aero and Intel Graphics Cards

If you've got an integrated video card that doesn't support Pixel Shader 2.0,
there's not much of anything you can do about it.

"crosswalker21" wrote:

I tried to install Vista on my laptop which has an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME
graphics controller. I was booted into the "basic" version of windows Vista
so I couldn't see the snazzy aero interface. What I'm wondering is if
there's any way to make my graphics card support pixelshader 2.0(which was
the only reason, according to the upgrade advisor, that I couldn't view aero)
or if that's a purely hardware change. Any help would be appreciated.