Old September 4th 06, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
markus

Default virus scanners-thanks

Microsoft is showing this Trend Micro version available for vista as a 90 day
free trial
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...istabeta2.mspx

"Jim" wrote:

Thanks for the replys and info. Think I'll give it a try. Trial version of
F-prot seems to be giving trouble, on my machine anyway. Thanks again
"Vbritt" wrote in message

I am also running the free version on build 5384. You have to download
the
latest version of Free AVG. I installed it after being current on all of
the
vista updates but I don't know if that is necessary or not.

"William" wrote:

The free version is compatible with 5536. I am running it now on 5536
without a problem.

William
"Jim" wrote in message
Does anyone know if AVG virus scanner is compatable with vista, build
5536.
Thanks