Old September 5th 06, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
KILGORQ

Default 128MB or 256MB video cards?

I am running Vista B2 on an 8 meg ATI card in my daughters pc and it is doing
just fine... I guess it just depends on what you want to do with it... She
doesnt watch movies on it. She does some photo editing for web based stuff
and has had no issue with the small video card yet. For that matter she just
loves it and it appears to run just as well as XP did. Some things are a
little slow but not bad at all.

"John" wrote:

Its not required, however if you have a DX9 video card with pixel shader 2.0
support with a decent amount of memory, and proper driver support you can
use the Aero Glass theme.

Don't upgrade your video card unless you want better gaming performance,
Aero Glass is not worth the upgrade.

"peter" wrote in message
The minimum requirement for vista seems to be 128MB video card. Would I gain
any functionality by going to a 256MB card?