Old September 8th 06, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Brian Lawton

Default Blue Screen Multiple times per day!!!

Initially I was seeing this as well whenever the power management options to
turn off my monitor would kick in. After I disabled the power management
settings, specifically I set the monitor option "Turn off the display:" to
"Never", and since then, I have been up and running without any BSODs. I
don't know if that's what you are seeing, but it worked for me.

--Brian

"Timbo1138" wrote in message
news
I'm getting this exact problem. I can't use the system for more than 5-10
minutes before it bluescreens and reboots. There seems to be no cause,
it's
totally random. I've reinstalled RC1 4 times now, and it hasn't helped a
bit.
It *seems* to be a driver problem, but on the most recent 2 installs I
haven't loaded any 3rd party drivers, it's using all 'out-of-the-box'
ones.
I'm stumped, and it's driving me up the wall. Beta 2 was actually usable.
RC1
crashes if you look at it funny. Explain the logic behind that one.
*Grumble*

Anyone else getting this?