Old September 9th 06, 04:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlo Razzeto

Default Optical drives/RC-1

Well, I've installed Windows Vista, RC-1. The problem that I seem to be
having is, that despite the fact that I installed from a DVD-Drive, Windows
Vista refuses to admit that I have any optical drives attached to my system
at all. Anyone have this issue? It's rather odd, vista does seem to see my 3
primary IDE channels, and even understands that my Promise Ultra100 TX2 card
repersents another 2 IDE channels that it can't use, but no optical drives
(these are installed on my motherboard's nvidia controller). Any help would
be great.