Old September 9th 06, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
eaglewolf

Default Nvidia 7900 GT driver issue (96.33)

I've just installed the 96.33 drivers
(96.33_forceware_winvista_x86_international) on Vista RC1 (32 bit, build
5600) and have run into a problem. I have (identical) dual monitors set up,
and on the primary, I've found that with the new drivers the screen starts
flashing pixels (similar to interference on digital TV). This interference
also becomes more prominent when the mouse is hovering over a specific
window/menu etc. The secondary monitor, however has none of this pixelation
and is rendering perfectly. Restarting doesn't solve the issue. The only way
to combat the problem is to uninstall the new drivers and run the old Vista
default drivers instead, which work fine.

Does anybody know if this is a known issue, or if there is a fix for the
problem?

Vista RC1 (32 bit - build 5600)
PC: AMD 64 X2 4800+, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 7900 GT, Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro
(with breakout box), Dual LCD 19 inch widescreen monitors.