Old September 10th 06, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
johannes

Default HP DC7600CMT - Nvidia ASUS N6600GT problem

I've got the same problem, do you have a solution? I'm using an ASrock Board
with intel i945PL chipset and a geForce 6600LE board.

-johannes

"Skippy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news
There seems to be an incompatibility when trying to use an HP DC7600CMT
with
any nVidia PCI express card. The one I am attempting to use is the ASUS
N6600GT. The HP DC7600CMT has an onboard intel graphics chip that DOES
work
fine. However, when trying to use the nVidia card I receive this error in
device manager:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

It appears the nVidia card and the onboard chip are crossing each other at
memory address E0000000-E81FFFFF. Both appear to be trying to use it.

I've tried the WDM driver (that should work) and also the Vista RC1 nvidia
driver from the site that is dated Sept 1 06. Both drivers produce the
same
error. At this point I am thinking its a bug with HP's BIOS. The vista
build I am running is 5600.

Thanks for any pointers.

Brian