Old September 11th 06, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sascha Benjamin Jazbec

Default vista rc1 and nvida go 6600 can't use Areo in Toshiba Laptop

see the Manual for the new drivers if this card is under the supported cards
:

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/9...ease_Notes.pdf

remember this are beta-drivers and there are issues on some cards.

To enable Aero, when it is available but not used as default :

Computer - rightclick - Properties - Advanced - set to best display, it
should then enable all eye-candy.

or via Personalize in ControlPanel and set to Windows Aero as scheme.

If you still can't find Aero, then I am afraid this card cannot handle it.

SBJ

"Don Murphy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a Toshiba M40 (Canadian product) attempting to run RC1 with Areo.

Pentium M
1.5 G memory
Nvidia FX GO 6600

Vista is able to detect and download
NVidia GForce Go 66000 driver version 7.3.4.0 dated May 5, 2006 from
Windows
update

Question:

1) This driver detects the card as DirectX version 8. It IS a directx
version 9 card. Is there a setting somewhere that I can tweak?

2) I downloaded the NVIDIA driver from the nvidia web site (ForceWare
Release 95
Version: 96.33 Release Date: September 1, 2006 BETA Driver) and it was
unable to detect this card. Any idea why?

3) How to you manually switch to areo?