Old September 12th 06, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sascha Benjamin Jazbec

Default Vista RC1 64 Bit

Virtual PC emulates only 32bit processor when running on 64bit real CPU.

Try vmware - don't know if they support 64 to 64 conversion.
Otherwise :
You will need the 32bit version of Vista or do a install on your physical
PC.

SBJ

"AnthonyV60" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi...downloaded and built dvd as instructed...ran the dvd...setup
starts..then informs me that my system is not a 64 bit system...I have a
new
Compaq Presario with an AMD Athalon 64 Bit 3500+. I am trying to test
Vista
using Microsoft Virual PC in using a clean install....Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanx in advance

AnthonV60