Old September 13th 06, 07:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Loaner

Default HP scanjet 4600 in RC1 doesnt work (no driver)

I have the HP Officejet 6210 xi and it works fine with RC 1. Itstalled it
today without any proble. My problem Is the computer is not detecting my DVD
ROM drive.
Good Luck.
--
Loaner

"Jason" wrote:

I have an HP scanjet 4600 and am having problems making it work in RC1. It
worked fine in Beta2 though.

There doesnt seem to be any HP software that works in RC1 even though the
win xp software worked in Beta2. The OS originally used the driver for win
xp which worked fine before. Now it gives an error when I try to use it even
in the windows fax/scan ui. It can do a preview scan but if I try to do a
real scan it gives an error about applying settings to driver.

I tried deleting the scanner driver but windows wont reinstall a driver for
it.

Has anyone else got this scanner to work in RC1?