Old August 3rd 07, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Default 4 GB Ram is not supported

You may find that your computer is able to support a physical
installation of 4 GB or more memory. However, this maximum
memory may be further limited by the operating system not being
able to address the full range of physical memory.
For 32-bit operating systems, Windows Vista and XP 32-bit editions
can address approximately 3.3 GB. This limitation is present on all
32-bit hardware and 32-bit operating systems

"Achim" wrote in message
Hi,
I bought 2 GB ram today, i installed and booted the pc
but windows showes me that only 3.25 gb is available

I already briefed of that
I always read, that this problem only showes up on the 32-bit version of
vista
but I've got the 64-bit version so the 4 GB should be used completly

can somebody help me?