Vista Banter

-   -   Windows Mobile 5 won't Connect to Vista. (http://www.vistabanter.com/32880-windows-mobile-5-wont-connect-vista.html)

Axmainian March 20th 07 02:53 PM

Windows Mobile 5 won't Connect to Vista.

Hey. I'm sitting here, with my main Vista Ultimate Desktop, and a Windows XP
professional Laptop.

When plugging in my Windows Mobile 5 device through the USB port on the
laptop, It dings, connects and is all happy and working.
When I do the same and plug my device into Vista, with Windows Mobile Device
Center Installed, It dings, a New local area network pops up in network
connections, the phone begins to charge it's battery, but WMD does not see
the phone.

The only firewall I currently have active is Windows One Care. And i've
tried disabling that to see if it makes a difference.

Whats going wrong?

Bill Indelicato March 21st 07 10:07 PM

usb connect

Depending on the device you use you have to put it in rndis mode then run windows update to dl the drivers for your device...once installed you will see a pop up saying that your device is ready to be used and it will be labled ppc device or windows mobile device...i did this with my palm treo 700wx hope this helps

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Axmainian March 22nd 07 04:36 PM

usb connect

Put it in RNDIS mode? How exactly would I do that?

Axmainian March 22nd 07 04:49 PM

usb connect

My phones also began to bring up a message talking about being ubale to
assaign an IP.