Old August 4th 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
NjetSpam

Default Can't delete a file - Access is denied to Administrator

jeff wrote:
I have an mpeg file on my local hard drive that I cannot delete. My account
is an administrator account, running under vista ultimate. When I look at the
file properties I see that the ownership is unassigned (unable to display
current owner), but when I attempt to take ownership, windows security
reports "Unable to set new owner on [filename]. Access is denied."

Can anyone recommend steps to delete this file?

Played the mpeg with vista mediaplayer ? take and install vlc-player
do not use mediaplayer it kinda sucks