I get the message - No ATI graphics driver installed - Please help

Old March 21st 07, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Mayo

Default I get the message - No ATI graphics driver installed - Please help

Hi,
When I had Vista with a single core AMD CPU, there was no problem with the
ATI drivers and my X800 graphics card.
After I upgraded to X2 dual core CPU, I get the message that no graphics
driver is installed. Everything else works fine. I did install the Radeon
drivers according to the instructions from ATI. Please advise how I can solve
this difficulty.
Many thanks
Roy Mayo.
--
Correct me if Im wrong, but hasnt the fine line between sanity and madness
gotten finer?
Old March 21st 07, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Solomon

Roy Mayo wrote:
Hi,
When I had Vista with a single core AMD CPU, there was no problem
with the ATI drivers and my X800 graphics card.
After I upgraded to X2 dual core CPU, I get the message that no
graphics driver is installed. Everything else works fine. I did
install the Radeon drivers according to the instructions from ATI.
Please advise how I can solve this difficulty.
Many thanks
Roy Mayo.

Did you try reinstalling the ATI drivers? After upgrading the CPU did you
check for updates for your system BIOS that might deal with issues such as
you describe?
--
Michael Solomon

Old March 21st 07, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

It appears that you have some ATI driver code installed since the message I
believe is coming from ATI software and not from Vista itself. Is it
posssible that the new drivers you got from ATI are not Vista drivers or are
not for the OS version of Vista you are running (32 bit or 64bit)?

Old March 21st 07, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Mayo

Default I get the message - No ATI graphics driver installed - Please

Hi, and thanks for the responses.
In general, i have followed all the precautions and procedures you mention.

The latest indication of something seriously wrong is in Device Manager, I
get an Error Code 43, when the properties of the Graphics Card are shown.

I am getting really worried now, and hope that someone out there can give me
some definitive advice.

Roy Mayo.

Old March 21st 07, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Have you checked to be sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MOBO and
that has properly recognized the Core Duo or Core 2 Duo processor which ever
one you got?

Old March 22nd 07, 10:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Mayo

JW, hi,

Yes I do have the latest BIOS, and my 4400+ X2 CPU is correctly recognised
in both Device Manager and by CPU-Z.

What is most puzzling is that when I was running with my previous 3800+
single core AMD CPU, there was no such problem. This problem arose after I
changed the CPU to the dual core version.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Roy Mayo.

Old March 22nd 07, 12:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Try going in to device manager and if the card shows up try and updated its
driver.
If that does not work use device manager to uninstall the card and then
shutdown and reboot the system and see if it can find the drive.
When the machine is shutdown reseat the graphics card since it may have come
loose when you changing the CPU.

Old March 29th 07, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Roy Mayo

Hi, thanks for your advice but it did not work.

In another forum there are 14 pages of posts which essentially are
complaints that they have the same problem and nothing works to correct it.
Basically, it is because nVidia classifies the nF3 chipset boards as 'old
parts' and refuse to make the effort to produce new drivers.

There must thousands of motherboards out there with nF3 chipsets, and I
think nVidia have many computer users who will never buy their products again
because they fear that they will be left in the lurch once more.

in the meantime i have been trying to find anyone who may know of a
workaround.

Roy Mayo.