Old September 18th 06, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Anthony LiPetri

Default AGP & Vista RC1

I have an X800 GT AGP and cannot get Windows Vista to recognize my graphics
card at all. The Windows XP drivers give it the name X800 GT, and X800
Series Secondary, but the Vista ATI drivers do not recognize it at
all...They don't even recognize Standard VGA drivers. Any suggestions would
be amazing!
"MikeyB" wrote in message
On a clean install, I kept getting error message "R300 stopped responding,
but recovered" or some such, or a complete freeze-up of my comp.

I've since forced the AGP in the BIOS to run at 4x, unstead of 8x, and it
has been perfectly stable through the weekend.

Am I missing something in the settings to get it to run on 8x?

- Radeon X700 AGP8X on a Soyo Dragon 2 KT880 motherboard

Thanks!
Mike