Old September 22nd 06, 12:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jonolomu

Default Bad_pool_error with laptop

Hey,

I recently installed Vista RC1 on my dell inspiron 6400 (Australian Model)
Laptop. It has decent specs with and:

ATI x1400 video card,
core2 duo 2GHz processor,
1 gig ram

I installed Vista with the power cable plugged in and everything went fine.
After it was installed still everything was fine. I then wanted to move my
laptop, so i unplugged the power adaptop (while vista was still running) and
attempted to move it. I instantly got a 'Bad_Pool_Caller' blue screen error.
So after restarting without the the cable plugged in i got the same error.
I figured there must be a problem running on pure battery. So i plugged the
cable back in and restared again...same error. I noticed the laptop does not
recognise the cable is in, but still recharges the battery.

I started windows in safe mode with networking and here i am now, its
running fine in safe mode.

If anyone could help me it would be Greatly appreciated.