Installing Windows XP after Vista in Dual Boot Configuration

Old March 23rd 07, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Guest

Default Installing Windows XP after Vista in Dual Boot Configuration

please....somebody help me. I'm trying to update the software on my windows
mobile pda. if I run it from vista it will fail and brick my device. I
need to get this dual boot working.

none wrote in message ...
I've been running Vista for about a month. I have three partitions on my
hard drive: Vista-160GB, Boot-1.5GB, Free-80GB (I'm running BitLocker). I
want to install XP to the free partition and dual boot. I've tried doing
this previously. As I expected I was unable to boot into vista after
installing XP (the BCD store was deleted). I figured I could boot off of
the vista disk, do a startup repair (which would rewrite the MBR) and boot
into vista. I then used to EasyBCD to make a legacy OS entry in the
bootloader. Everything worked fine. But, after I restarted my computer
and tried to boot into XP, I got a message about "cannot find ntldr"

How do I set up my dual boot without formatting and reinstalling in the
proper order?

Old March 23rd 07, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Michael Jennings

You need to be patient enough, if asking for help here, to wait more than 40
minutes for useful responses. What I would suggest would be to repair XP
and run the reenablement of Vista from XP by installing VistaBootPro in
XP as outlined at the end of the series of steps covered he

http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88231
( so you know where to go for http://www.vistabootpro.org/ )

It is possible, that with BitLocker enabled, that won't work. If that's so,
either wait for better advice, or remove BitLocker to get the dual boot.

Old March 23rd 07, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jawade

In article , none says...

none wrote in message ...
I've been running Vista for about a month. I have three partitions on my
hard drive: Vista-160GB, Boot-1.5GB, Free-80GB (I'm running BitLocker). I
want to install XP to the free partition and dual boot. I've tried doing
this previously. As I expected I was unable to boot into vista after
installing XP (the BCD store was deleted). I figured I could boot off of
the vista disk, do a startup repair (which would rewrite the MBR) and boot
into vista. I then used to EasyBCD to make a legacy OS entry in the
bootloader. Everything worked fine. But, after I restarted my computer
and tried to boot into XP, I got a message about "cannot find ntldr"

How do I set up my dual boot without formatting and reinstalling in the
proper order?

Remove the dual-boot from the vista-loader and use a 3th-party
bootmanager. If you use only primair partitions and 1 drive you
can use my HWBOOT bootmanager. But... it is in Dutch.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. Bootmanager ook voor Vista
Zin in een koffie- thee- of borrelpraatje? Kom naar alt.jawade.nl