Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Old March 24th 07, 04:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andre Lavictoire

Default Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Ok here my problem....

I installed the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card and
installed the
updated drivers from the Vista driver from the Creative Website.

The CD player is fine, however I am unable to use MSN Voice or Skype, in
both of these I can hear perfectly, but callers can't hear me.I can't record
using the
windows recorder.

When I check Recording/Playback devices Speakers are working but the
microphone says

(Currently Unavailable) and the Line-In says (Currently Unavailable)

Does anyone know how to cure this problem ?

Old March 24th 07, 05:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Solomon

Andre Lavictoire wrote:
Ok here my problem....

I installed the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card
and installed the
updated drivers from the Vista driver from the Creative Website.

The CD player is fine, however I am unable to use MSN Voice or Skype,
in both of these I can hear perfectly, but callers can't hear me.I
can't record using the
windows recorder.

When I check Recording/Playback devices Speakers are working but the
microphone says

(Currently Unavailable) and the Line-In says (Currently Unavailable)

Does anyone know how to cure this problem ?

According to the Creative site, these drivers only provide basic
functionality and don't support Direct Monitoring and speakers must be
configured in Control Panel.

It would appear, several features are not yet supported in these drivers.
Unfortunately, the "cure" would seem to be to wait for Creative to issue
full featured drivers for the card.

--
Michael Solomon

Old March 24th 07, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

/Michael Solomon/ said:
Andre Lavictoire wrote:
[...]

Just a PS: I have been corresponding with Creative support on a similar
issue. Their latest missive hinted that more functional drivers, which
may allow their bundled software to run, would be available within the
next few months.
Old March 24th 07, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mary

Try Control Panel, Ease of Access, Speech recognition options, setup
microphone. You have to have the mike plugged in the mike port and on. Mine
didn't record until I set it up. I have the latest creative drivers issued in
March. Line in doesn't work until you plug in an outside source like your
stereo. The gameport still doesn't have any drivers yet.