Old August 12th 07, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Default RAID in Vista

Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea
http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles?&id=29

RAID Explained
http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles.php?id=24

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Peter" wrote:

Hi,
As a newbie, I got an "expert" to install Vista Home Premium on my computer(
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI , 2 HDD's) but was told by him that Vista does not
support mirror RAID so the second HDD was listed as an IDE in the BIOS. (My
previous XP pro setup ran mirror RAID) The RAID array screen only shows one
HDD. Is there some way that I can change the setup to a RAID 1 mirror without
having to reinstall Vista? Would be grateful for any help.
--
Peter