Old October 2nd 06, 05:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gene Fitz

Default 2 hard drives not recognized in RC1 5600

I am using 5600 on a notebook with 2 external hard drives, it sees all three
of my hard drives. Maybe there is an issue with the booting program you are
using.

"J6" wrote:

I'm using a dual-boot XP and RC1 5600 system. When I'm on XP all the physical
drives ARE recognized. When I'm on RC1 vista 2 physical drives ARE NOT
recognized. My thinking is that is because there are no vista drivers for the
IDE controller for those two drives. According to device manager, the
controller for those two unrecoginized drives is a "via bus master IDE
controller -0571". I have looked all over the net for drivers for that
controller and can't find any. Can anybody point me in the right direction on
where to find them?
--
J6