Old August 13th 07, 01:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John[_4_]

Default RAID in Vista

"Peter" wrote in message
news
Hi,
As a newbie, I got an "expert" to install Vista Home Premium on my
computer(
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI , 2 HDD's) but was told by him that Vista does not
support mirror RAID so the second HDD was listed as an IDE in the BIOS.
(My
previous XP pro setup ran mirror RAID) The RAID array screen only shows
one
HDD. Is there some way that I can change the setup to a RAID 1 mirror
without
having to reinstall Vista? Would be grateful for any help.
--
Peter

Did Gigabyte provide a Vista certified RAID driver with the motherboard?
Did you install it?
It is unlikely that an XP RAID driver will work.
I do not see any Vista drivers on Gigabyte's web site for your motherboard.

I am currently running RAID 1 (mirror) on a GA-8i955x Royal motherboard
with Vista Ultimate 64 bit. The driver was downloaded from Gigabyte's
web site. Your "expert" needs some additional education.